Subject: Consultation Regarding TESSy Data Request from Third Party
From: "FWD ECDC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Maritschnik Sabine" <[email-masked]>, "Christian.Kornschober" <[email-masked]>, "dieter.vancauteren" <[email-masked]>, "Geraldine.DeMuylder" <[email-masked]>, "mimipavlovaa" <[email-masked]>, "aaristodimou" <[email-masked]>, "mcharalambous" <[email-masked]>, "ondrej.daniel" <[email-masked]>, "michaela.spackova" <[email-masked]>,Eva Møller Nielsen <[email-masked]>, "Steen Ethelberg" <[email-masked]>,Jevgenia Epštein <[email-masked]>, "Salmenlinna Saara" <saara.salmenlinna
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>, "TA Info" <[email-masked]>, "Natalia Kerbo" <[email-masked]>, "Otto Helve" <[email-masked]>, "Savolainen-Kopra Carita" <[email-masked]>, "Paula
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:07:32 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

ECDC NORMAL

To: NFPs for FWD and OCPs for listeriosis epidemiology

Copy: National Coordinators

Dear colleagues,

This is a formal notification from ECDC concerning a recent request we have 
received for sharing of indicator-based surveillance data collected and 
stored in the European Surveillance System (TESSy). A

third-party entity has requested access to specific datasets held by our 
organization, with the intent of conducting research. This notification 
serves to inform you about this data request and to solicit any

comments or objections you may have.

The organization requesting data:

Niko Speybroeck,  Universite catholique de Louvain, Clos Chapeel aux Champs 
30, 1200 Brussels, Belgium

The requester is specifically seeking access to:

Case-based data on confirmed listeriosis cases aggregated (precising number 
of cases also when <5 cases) by country, year, month, age class, gender and 
pregnancy-association (Y/N/UNK) from 2010-2022.

These are their declared objectives and analysis plan:

Objectives: This study aims to assess whether the increasing trend in human 
invasive listeriosis cases in the EU/EEA countries is real between 2010 and 
2022 and if there are any differences in the trend by age groups and sex by 
countries. The influence of the COVID19 pandemic will also be investigated. 
The ecological link between case trends and food consumption patterns will 
be discussed.

Analysis plan: A Poisson time series analysis (PTSA) will be performed for 
reported listeriosis cases between 2010 and 2022 by country, age groups and 
sex. PTSA will be performed with monthly data. A table with a summary of 
food consumption patterns by country will be constructed.

We have thoroughly reviewed this request for compliance with the 
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32001R1049> 
ECDC Policy on data submission, access and the use of data within TESSy and 
Article 4 of 
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32001R1049> 
Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding public

access to European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, and have 
identified no issues that would prevent the sharing of this data.

Barring any objections from your side, we intend to share the requested 
dataset with the requester by 21 February 2024.

Any potential objections should be grounded on Article 4 of Regulation (EC) 
No 1049/2001. If you have any such concerns, we kindly request that you 
notify us by 21 February 2024. If we do not

receive any response from your side by this date, we will consider that 
there are no objections and will proceed with the data sharing.

We appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your prompt 
response.

Best regards,

Therese Westrell on behalf of the ECDC FWD team

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.